The New Jersey Tea Party Coalition exists to protect our liberties by restoring and defending the principles within our Nation’s foundational documents, and by promoting unity with other Patriots throughout New Jersey and the United States.
We the New Jersey Tea Party Coalition, an association of public citizens from the State of New Jersey, are dedicated to supporting the principles within our Nation’s foundational documents and public policy that adheres to those principles, including but not limited to the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness that are expressed in the forms of personal responsibility, individual liberty, limited government, free markets and property rights.
Insofar as all Americans must live within their financial means, so must our government and we further believe that those means must not exceed the bounds enumerated within our Constitution. Furthermore, through our outreach and rallies, it is our objective to empower our fellow citizens by showing them they are not alone in their frustrations about the bad policies coming from Washington and Trenton. Our goal is to unite Patriots throughout New Jersey in order to speak with a single and powerful voice that will enable us to preserve and restore our Constitutional government which was designed of and for the People. We the people of New Jersey and these United States call for Real, Honest and Ethical government in order to protect and preserve the liberties and prosperity of our children, our families, our community and our country.
1. We reaffirm the principles within our Nation’s foundational documents that are self-evident and state that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed
2. We support the New Jersey State Constitution, the Constitution of the United States of America, and The Declaration of Independence.
3. We believe in the sovereignty of the State of New Jersey and in a limited Federal government, as set forth in the tenth Amendment, which states, “the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”
4. We believe in the sovereignty of the United States, and reject any move toward global governance that surrenders our autonomy to powers outside of these United and Sovereign States. Furthermore, we condemn any and all acts by elected officials that abrogate their oaths to protect and preserve our Constitution and believe such acts to be treasonous assaults against the very government they have sworn to uphold. We further believe that such crimes against the Constitution warrant a review before an ethics committee, which if found guilty of these crimes, can result in possible recall of their office and/or criminal charges.
5. We believe that the writings of the founding fathers and the sources referenced by them are the only true foundational basis for the interpretation of the Constitution of the United States of America, and furthermore, that these writings are the only precedents that should be considered in judicial matters regarding “constitutionality.”
6. We believe that excessive taxation is tantamount to a form of slavery and a violation of our Creator God given rights to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. We further believe that our current tax system is unconstitutional and should be repealed, and we vehemently object to our tax dollars being spent on items other than what is enumerated within our Constitution.
7. We reject all forms of Marxism, Fascism, and Socialism. We support Capitalism and its free market as being the only financial system viable under our Constitution.
8. We reject all forms of tyranny by those who were empowered by the people to serve the people.
9. We reject the violation of the separation of powers set forth in the Constitution of the United States of America where the judicial branch acts in a manner designated to the legislative branch.
10. We believe that those who are elected to any position of government or are employed by the government are servants of the people rather than the people being servants of those in positions of power.
11. We believe that it is our legal right and duty as citizens of the State of New Jersey and the United States of America to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
12. We claim the legal right to remove our consent to be governed by any individuals who violate the principles set forth in the New Jersey State Constitution or the Constitution of the United States of America, and that those who violate any of those principles are to be removed from their position by whatever legal means available.
13. We do not endorse any specific political party nor do we hold to any specific religious creed. We will support those who agree with our core principles. We accept all those of like mind, and we expect each individual to be an informed citizen and to act upon his or her convictions.